The Vision For Loreaon
When we first started to plan Loreaon, we asked ourselves what we wanted to accomplish. Did we want to develop another run-of-the-mill browser game, with the basic mechanics? Or did we want to build something fresh and new? Of course, we wanted to build something unique, with a high level of quality (both visual and experience).
So went off, planning and designing the different aspects of Loreaon. How players would be guided through the game’s interface, what they can do during the day, what accomplishments could they reach early on, and what accomplishments would have to be worked on, and the hundreds of other details that make Loreaon the game it is today.
If we look back to March 1st, and how Loreaon looked and felt then, we are truly awestruck at how the game has evolved in such a short period of time. Originally, we wanted to provide two main pathways for players to take: the PvP path, or the PvE/Economy path. And when we originally launched the game, we were quite confident in the features and functions we offered to players. However, as time went on, we got more and more feedback on things ranging from the interface, to specific functions of the game, and Loreaon began to quickly evolve into the game it is today.
Although we have had major feature/content plans since we first launched, the player’s have made the biggest (and most important) contributions to Loreaon. From the Leagues of Gul’Nak, to the profession specializations revamp. We could not offer new players the Loreaon of today, without the help from players past and present.
And now, after 10 months of success after success, we find ourselves with a never ending supply of ideas from developers, game staff, and players. As it stands right now, we have at least 1 year of development plans ahead of us!
Many players already know what is in store, but we can name a few things off right now:
– Clan Wars/Territory: A long-time anticipated addition, clan wars will truly integrate clans into the heart and soul of Loreaon.
– Clan Achievements: In tandem with the Clan Wars/Territory, we will also be implementing clan achievements, which will earn the clan achievement points, as well as unlock clan perks.
– Clan Perks: Linking with Clan Achievements, clan perks will give clan members certain benefits. Perhaps a free daily revive? A free daily repair? Who knows?!
– Hobbies: What is a world without hobbies? Things you can do in your spare time. What should you do while you wait for reset? Or for your determination to refill?
– Secondary Skills: Are you telling me you don’t know how to fish, or hunt, or cook? Listen, we live in a technology driven world, but you have to know the basics!